It’s really good that you do your exercise in the gym or inside your house. Sometimes we can’t help it because of the seasonal fluctuations. But if the weather is good then why not enjoy a dash of green exercise?
What is green exercise?
You might wonder. It is the physical exercise undertaken in natural environments. It peps up your immunity, physical and emotional wellness.
Health benefits of green exercise
Get ready for a jog if the weather in your place is right. Because after you end up reading this post, you may want to breathe in some fresh air.
Scientists found that exercising outdoors
· Improves mental wellbeing compared with exercising indoors
· It revitalizes and increases energy and positive engagement
· Reduces tension, confusion, anger and depression
· Increase enjoyment and satisfaction
· Reduces stress and enhances overall happiness
· Reduces blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension and the level of stress hormones
· Reduces aggressiveness
· Symptoms of kids suffering from ADHD reduced when they played in green environments.
· Optimizes mental health
Oh! My! That’s a lot of good stuff you get from green exercise. Researchers found that green areas with water enhanced the health benefits even more. A blue and green environment seems even better for health. At the end of the day these are the colors of Mother Nature.
You see I am an expat. But whenever I feel low just thinking about my motherland gives me a fresh boost of energy. In the same way we all belong to Mother Nature going back to her would work miracles for your health.
So shun all these concrete and go out for a walk.
And along the way pledge Mother Nature that you will protect her at all costs. Happy Earth Day!
Take good care,
Photo by Feelart