There is no other go, we all have to work to keep us going. But without our knowledge work has intermingled into every area of our lives. So here I have listed research proven work place wellness tips. Just read through, you can find a couple of useful tips.
1. If you walk an extra two minutes each hour, it fights off the negative effects of sitting for long periods of time. Scientists recommend two minutes of walking each hour, in combination with your normal activities. This averages to 2.5 hours a week, this light exercise strengthens your heart, muscles and bones.
2. Research has found that, employees who work more than 48 hours per week are more likely to consume alcohol, than those who work standard hours. I think the creator has programmed us for proper rest and relaxation, after a hard day’s work. The problem arises when we shift the balance.
3. When your circadian rhythm is disrupted, it can lead to increased risk of breast cancer. In the same way exposure to artificial lights, when working night shifts can pose a higher risk of breast cancer.
4. People who had more natural light exposure during their working hours, had longer sleep duration, better sleep quality, better quality of life and they were more physically active. Now that’s a great thing to know.
5. If you lose 30 minutes of sleep per day from your sleeping routine, it may promote weight gain and adversely affect your blood sugar control.
6. Stress is like your best buddy when you have to complete too many tasks at one hand. But be known that repeated stress impairs memory and it is a risk factor to type 2 diabetes mellitus. But, a positive message is that healthy lifestyles may buffer against cell ageing.
So work hard but take proper rest, and enjoy the simple things in life. I think the creator had these thoughts in mind when he created you.